I took Lassie for our usual one on one walk this morning. It’s a chilly, storm cloudy day today, so I took a mug of hot chocolate with me. 😉
This morning I decided to go a slightly different route rather than our routine one, because why not?
We walked down a street we’ve never been down before. We saw a man checking his mail with his very old dog by his side. I saw a Border Collie keeping a close eye on me and Lassie, who never saw him as far as I know. We saw chickens (who run really funny, by the way, like a kid who’s pants are falling down) and a horse or two and plenty of other dogs. But the most interesting animal we saw had to be these guys:
I saw them and started taking pictures with my iPod. Lassie saw them, stared, and then went straight to the fence for a closer look.
He didn’t bark or growl, he just stared at these strange giant birds.
Even still, I called him right back to me after he got a good look at them. I didn’t want him to make them mad and one of them seemed to be working up the nerve to approach him.
I think Emu is the strangest animal Lassie has ever seen.
Lassie wants to know, what’s the oddest animal you have ever seen?
Lassie’s looking very fly in these glasses I found on the ground.
To the person who lost these: Thanks! They brightened my day and they’re mine now. 😉
1. Lassie has a cute face.
2. Petal likes chest scratchies.
3. Lassie and Petal cuddling.
4, 5, 6
Petal will sleep anywhere. On a bucket. Under a blanket with me on a freezing cold morning. On her back with her head squished against my butt.
7. Lassie was very sleepy after helping us babysit for a few hours.
8. Lassie makes an excellent face warmer. 😉
9. Mr. McHandsome.
10. Petal thinks she should be allowed to gnaw on this pencil.
11. Lassie likes to play keep-away.
12. Pepper has been staying with us for a few days. Petal has had fun with her, but is feeling a little jealous lately. She was very upset the other night when she found Lassie on the couch, laying on one side of me, and Pepper on the other side of me. It’s usually Lassie on one side and Petal on the other. She did not appreciate this scene and she told me so with her Vanishing Ears act and some giggle-worthy moaning and groaning as she looked from Pepper, to me, and back again. I swear, if Petal could talk, she would’ve told me to push Pepper off the couch.
No worries Petal, Pepper goes home today. You’re still the baby girl of the house. 😉
Have a lovely weekend!
This is the view I woke up to this morning.
Of course it’s more mud than snow now that it’s 4 pm.
But we had some fun with it before then!
It took a lot of begging (okay, whining worse than a toddler), but I was allowed to go outside. So long as I promised to bundle up and to get my butt back inside the very second I felt cold, no matter how cute the dogs were being.
Yeah, my Mom is a smart one. She knows me and my excuses too well.
I was very well behaved. I didn’t over do it and I let my little sister help me if I needed.
I also came in the house before I got cold.
It was all worth it to see the Collies run around in the snow.
Petal went nuts, acting like the ground was covered in crack rather than snow.
The two of them had a little snow race.
And me and my sister dusted the dogs with snow.
He was an easy target, since he wasn’t running around like a loony fruitcake, unlike Petal.
They had a great time running, wrestling, burying their noses in the snow, and snacking on the snow.
I hope we get some more soon.
I don’t want to deal with the mud, haha.
Enjoy an Instagram of Lassie!
And have a lovely weekend.
We are having a stormy and cold weekend.
I hope we get some snow.
Do you have snow yet?
I’ve be able to get up and walk around a few times a day. I’ll admit that I get way too excited about being up on my feet for more than a minute or two and I often overdo it.
I’m overly eager to recover and get back to my usual routine.
But for now I’m taking things slow and entertaining myself with Instagram.
Enjoy this lovely Instagram of Petal and Harriet.